About The Author
Anna Lee Huber is the award-winning and national bestselling author of the Lady Darby Mystery series. She was born and raised in a small town in Ohio. From a young age, her imagination was boundless. She spent her summers with her four brothers and one sister playing Star Wars, wearing snow boots and her mother's old nightgowns while swinging plastic bats as light-sabers, and The A-Team hanging off the riding lawn mower (what else were they supposed to use for the van?). In the fourth grade, she penned her first story and asked her teacher to read it to the class. Sure, it was titled Prom Duty, and a ten-year-old doesn't really know much about high school dances, but she chalked it up as her first success. She went on to write several more stories, including a series featuring her own gang of mystery-solving teens, keeping her pen moving despite teenage hormones and a cross-country move to South Carolina.
Having dreamed of becoming a Rock Star, more along the lines of Amy Grant than Britney Spears, Anna attended college in Music City USA-Nashville, Tennessee. There, she met her husband while acting in a school production of Our Town. They married just before she graduated summa cum laude from Lipscomb University with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Music and a minor in Psychology. Discovering she was better trained to sing opera than Top 40, and uncertain where her future lay, she found work as an administrative assistant while she tried to find herself again.
While pondering her choices, Anna rediscovered her need for creative expression. She began arranging music, and returned to her love of writing fiction. She now pens the award-winning Lady Darby historical mystery series for Berkley Publishing.
Anna is a member of Mystery Writers of America, Romance Writers of America, International Thriller Writers, and the Historical Novel Society. She currently lives in Indiana with her husband, young daughter, and a troublemaking tabby cat named Pita. When not hard at work on her next novel, she enjoys reading, singing, travel, and spending time with her family.
10 Fun Facts about ALH
1) I love the smell of books, especially really old ones with leather bindings.
2) I have a brown tabby cat named Pita, and am constantly calling her pet names and singing her songs. Pita Lapin (bunny), Pita Pan, Tor-pita. And, incidentally, she is not named after the bread or the organization (that's PETA - People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals). Her name is actually an acronym for Pain In The A**. It started as a joke because we couldn't decide on a name for her, and she was being a particularly mischievous that day. But the name stuck, and she's been answering to it ever since. We sometimes even add a "the" before her name, just because. :)
3) I have an issue with the texture of food. If it feels gross in my mouth I just can't eat it. Oatmeal, clams, okra, garbanzo beans...
4) I have five siblings, and I love being part of a big, rambunctious family. There is never a dull moment.
5) I love all cute shoes, but I'm slightly obsessed with boots, especially calf or knee-high length.
6) In Junior High, I desperately wanted to be on the show Where In the World Is Carmen Sandiego?. I had a crush on the host - I think his name was Greg Lee.
7) I love the spices nutmeg and cinnamon.
8) When we were children, my cousin and I used to write this goofy fake newspaper whenever we got together. It was only funny to us and filled with bizarre stories, like "Keebler Elves Abduct (my brother's name)". To this day I can't help but laugh out loud whenever I think about it. Incidentally, my cousin is now an editor and I'm an author. I guess even then we knew our calling.
9) My husband and I have the same middle name - Lee.
10) My favorite season is autumn, which is unsurprising since my birthday is in the fall, my favorite holiday is Halloween, and once the weather turns colder I can pull out my boots.